Saturday, May 5

Pictures from the day I got my surgery


Here I am after my surgery with my new cast. I am so thankful that all went so well. I am so thankful for the people that were with me and I am confident that God was with me the whole time. His presence was so strong through the whole thing especially when I was being rolled alone into the surgery room. I am home recovering now. In about 3-4 weeks I should be walking on my own again!!!




As soon as we arrived at the hospital the morning of the surgery. Ryan wanted a picture of me making a sad, pathetic face.



A picture of the original cast I got the night before in the emergency room.



My broken, swollen ankle. It was brusied on the outside that you can see here but the inside of the ankle was what was actually broken.



Shanee (and some other friends and Ryan) waited for me during the surgery and spent the day with me recovering. Here is a picture of Shanee and me with my "original" cast they cut off before surgery.



The beautiful hospital gown and cap they made me wear for surgery. Don't you love the sleeves. What an experience!



On April 15th Ryan and I were unfortunately in a small motorcycle accident. Thankfully everything was ok except for my ankle...it was broken. After a night time trip to the emergency room for x-rays and diagnosis we found out I needed surgery. After much prayer and help we found a great doctor here from Belgium who was able to do the surgery in a remarkably nice hospital very close to our house. God is so faithful to us. We thought you would all enjoy some pictures of the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,my name is Amy and I broke my ankle and a bone in my leg,had a plate and 3 screws,how are you feeling?Feel free to vent,Amy.