Thursday, September 20

Exciting News....Kristin is pregnant!!!!


The ultrasound that told us we were having TWINS! You can see the two babies (although they are very small) labeled 1 and 2!




A picture of Kristin on July 27th (approx. 4 weeks pregnant). Hopefully by showing you this first picture we can show you the progress of how fast the babies are growing (her belly is growing).



The day after Ryan and I returned to Nepal from America was our 4th anniversary. I had been suspecting that I was pregnant but we wanted to wait until our anniversary to find out for sure. So the morning of July 27th, I got up and took the test. I was so happy when it showed that I was pregnant. I ran into the room and told Ryan. We were both so happy and couldn't wait to tell our families. We stopped right then and prayed that God would be glorified by this new life and that He would lead us and guide us each step of the way.





A few days later Kristin was having some complications so we decided to go for an early ultrasound to see if there was a problem. The doctor said that the embryo looked too small based on the dates we told her and there was no heartbeat and she said that we would have to wait 2 weeks to know for sure but that this pregnancy might end in miscarriage. Of course we were disappointed but God gave us a peace whatever the outcome may be. We had to wait 2 LONG weeks and many, many people were praying. After 2 weeks we went back for another ultrasound not knowing what to expect. That time the doctor put the wand on my stomach and said, "I see 2 sacs"and Ryan and I looked at each other wide eyed and said, "Does that mean twins?" And the Nepali doctor said, "Most probably yes!" Both of the babies had strong heartbeats and were measuring at the exact dates they were supposed to! So, we are having TWINS!!!! It is certainly a miracle. We do not know what the problem was with the first ultrasound but no matter what, we are convinced that it is a miracle and God deserves ALL of the credit for these beautiful lives.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

whoo hoo!! We're super excited for you guys!! We can't wait to meet your TWO little ones in T-land :) how fun!!!