Saturday, March 22

Kristin's parents visit to Thailand!


Hanging out by the pool.

Riding in the back of a taxi. There are no carseat laws here as you can see. So Mom and me and Ryan would all pile in the back seat and put the babies in the carseats on our laps. It worked out well.

Gracie enjoying her first Starbucks!

Keane enjoying his first Starbucks.

A Thai man selling cleaning supplies.

My parents brought so much stuff with them for the babies. The items were gifts from my parents and so many friends and family. I want to say THANK YOU for everything. All of it is such a blessing and everything is adorable. We are blessed!


Keane on my Mom's lap relaxing.

Onesies from my sister-in-law Jamy. So cute! Thanks!

Mom and Dad and Gracie and Keane in front of a Thai Ronald McDonald.

Mom holding Gracie

Mom holding Keane

At our favorite (really nice!!) mall here in Bangkok, they have floor that has really nice cars for sale.

My Dad is a die-hard Giants fan and as you know they played an amazing Superbowl game and WON this year. So, of course my Dad is grooming Keane early to love the Giants.

Graice lounging (in the shade) by the pool.

Keane lounging by the pool. They loved being in just their diapers outside SO much. It was really cute.

Keane and Gracie in a suitcase bed my Mom made for them in my parents hotel room. They LOVED it and slept really well for their naps in there. My Mom said she could take them home with her that way.

My Dad and Gracie.

My Dad and Gracie.

Dad feeding Keane

I love this picture: Keane's hand and my Dad's hand.

My (Kristin's) parents came last week to be with us in Thailand. It was such a blessing and a wonderful time together. Although we were all tired throughout the days (Ryan and I from 3 am feedings and my parents from jet-lag) we had a great time and made many amazing memories. I am so thankful that my parents are able and willing to come and be with us. We spent a lot of time just hanging out together in my parents awesome hotel room and we did get out a bit too. We went to some malls, the hospital where the babies were born, restaurants, a river boat cruise swimming pool and more. The babies did great through it all. Also, Dad took Ryan to a thai kick boxing match that they both really enjoyed and my parents went on a Thai temple tour one morning (they enjoyed it although they said the whole time they just wanted to be back at the hotel with the babies). I miss my parents already and wish that we could see each other more often. Being away from family is definately the single hardest thing about living overseas. Thankfully God gives us the grace we need.

I have posted a slide show of pictures of their time here below but I wanted to include some of my favorite pictures individually (especially for those of you who don't have fast enough internet to view the slideshow). Enjoy!

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

how fun!!! What great pictures!!! Looks like your parents had fun! I think the suitcase pic is cool - how cute!! The pool pics are really cute too!! Gracie & Keane are so precious!!! Kristin - you are looking so awesome!!!
yay! for fun pics!!!

The Hagens said...

Was SO excited when I saw on bloglines that you guys had posted since I have been dying to see more pics of the babies. :) Glad you had such a nice visit with your parents and ditto on the being away from family is the hardest thing... Anyway, know that we are thinking of you often as you adjust to parenthood and can't wait til we get a chance to meet your little ones!