Monday, June 23

I am blessed!


There are things about life in Nepal that tend to take more time. We don't have dishwashers, dryers, pre-packaged food, hot water out of the tap, clean water out of the tap, etc, etc. Because of that, preparing meals, cleaning your home and taking care of daily tasks can simply take longer. When I was pregnant with the twins Ryan and I began discussing the option of hiring someone to help us each day with the household chores and upkeep. We knew that having someone to help would be great, especially after the babies were born, but we were unsure of who we should ask to work for us. It was weird for me to think of having someone in my home a few hours each day along with many other things. We began thinking, talking, and praying about who we should hire (it is SO easy to find someone who needs/wants work in Nepal. The unemployment rate is SO high and everyone wants to work for foreigners) finding the right person was key for us. Anyway, God totally provided for us because the oldest daughter of one of the Tibetan families we are closest to had just finished high school and was going to begin college. She needed money for school and was looking for a job. Long story kind of short, Lhakpa now works for us! Her name means Wednesday (many Tibetans are named after the day they were born) and she is 20 years old. She is absolutely wonderful. She comes Monday through Friday for a few hours each day. She helps me prepare meals, wash clothes and dishes and dust and mop the floors (among other things) so that I can focus my main attention on taking care of the babies. She is a hard worker and loves to learn. She speaks great English and helps me with my Tibetan language. She is a great friend and it is a joy to have her in my home. People often ask me if having twins is difficult or they say something like, "How in the world do you manage with twins???" and my answer always is that God is so good, I have an AMAZING husband and a wonderful friend and "little sister" to help me around the house. I am blessed.

Just some of our laundry hanging out to dry one afternoon.

Bibs, bibs and more bibs. I never could have realized how much extra laundry we would have after having two babies!



No comments: