Thursday, September 3

Baskin Robbins in Kathmandu!


We have known that there are a few Baskin Robbins stores in Kathmandu for some time but the only one that we have seen is just a little bread shop with an ice cream cart inside so we never thought much about them. Then the other day I was with some American friends (without Ryan and the kids) and we decided to stop at one of the shops and try the ice cream. Needless to say, it was DELICIOUS. The shop has wireless Internet, comfy couches and great ice cream. They make their own waffle cones there and so the place smells like America and was spotlessly clean. There are no other name brand stores in Kathmandu (like Burger King, Pizza Hut or Starbucks) but for some reason Baskin Robbins is here and boy am I happy to have found it! The next day Keane and Gracie had to go back to the doctor for some more follow up vaccines and so I told Ryan that I wanted to take them to get some ice cream after and everyone was so happy of course! Here are some pictures of our time...

Keane enjoying his ice cream cone.

Gracie enjoying her ice cream cone.

Ryan trying to decide what flavors he would get...too many good choices.

One of the owners of the shop taking a photo of Gracie. He thought they were so cute.

Keane enjoyed sitting in this chair so much. I am so happy I got a photo of this face...he has started making this face recently. It makes us laugh because I don't think he is actually upset about anything I just think he is learning to make new faces and enjoys trying them out. This one always makes us laugh.

Gracie sitting in the "big girl" chair.

Ice cream!!!!!

Keane and Gracie left a trail of little vanilla ice cream drops all over the store. Thankfully we were the only ones there and the floor was tile so it cleaned up easily.
After an afternoon of lunch at our restaurant The Lazy Gringo, vaccines and delicious ice cream... it didn't take long for Keane to fall asleep for the ride home!

No comments: