My friends, Jen and Micah's daughter went to be with Jesus last night. My heart breaks for them and the pain and grief they are going through but in the midst of the pain I know that there is an amazing peace knowing that their precious Lydia is safe and free from suffering in the presence of Jesus. My sister-in-law Jamy (www.livingwithoutnets.blogspot.com) wrote a beautiful post about Lydia's passing and all that God is teaching her. My friend Amber (www.momroad.blogspot.com) also wrote a sweet post about Lydia called "Jesus weeps". And of course you can read Lydia's blog at www.lydiaeileen.blogspot.com to learn more about little Lydia and the amazing faith of her parents.
I know many of you have been praying for Lydia, Jen and Micah and I want to thank you for your prayers. I also want to ask you to continue to pray for Jen and Micah as they walk through this very difficult time. With so much suffering in the world I could not be more thankful for the HOPE we have in Jesus. Without Jesus, His sacrifice for us and the salvation that He provides we would have nothing...but with Jesus we have everything. What an amazing God we serve!
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment