Wednesday, February 27

February 21, 2008: They are HERE!


In the NICU on the first day

Getting to see them for a second after birth

Team of doctors and nurses taking care of the babies as soon as they were born: Because they were twins we had double the staff in the room!

The surgery!

{Here is the last picture of us before the surgery with my pregnant belly}
On February 21, 2008 {5 weeks before the twins due date and 2 weeks before my scheduled c-section} we went into the hospital at about 11 am because I was just not feeling well in general: The doctor examined me and told us that I was in the early stages of labor and that we would do the c-section THAT day at 2 pm! I remember calling from the next room and saying, "Ryan, did you hear that?" And when I walked back into the room where he was we both just smiled at each other with a smile filled with joy and shock! The doctor told me to wait a few minutes and that they would take me upstairs so I could fill out paperwork and begin preparing for surgery: During that time Ryan ran to the guest house where we had been staying to get a few things, namely our computer and camera: Thankfully the hospital has wireless internet all over so we were able to contact our families through Skype before the surgery! We spent some time praying together for the babies and their early delivery and the time really seemed to fly, within no time, I was being wheeled away to the operating room and Ryan was getting into scrubs and preparing so he could be in the room during the operation: The operation took at total of an hour and Keane Ryan {4 lbs 4 oz} was born at 2:10 pm with his sister Gracie Anna {5 lbs, 4 oz} following just a minute later at 2:11 pm}: I was able to see them but only for a second because Gracie was having some breathing problems and Keane was just so small they were worried about getting them both to the NICU and checking them both out: Ryan was able to go with them and watch them: He brought back pictures for me to see: We were told that they would need to be monitored in the NICU for some time so we went back to our room while the babies were downstairs in the NICU: I was able to rest and everything still felt so surreal!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wahooo!!! I am sooo stinkin' excited! Your son and daughter are BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats and I can't wait to meet them!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

How awesome!! THat's so cool that Ryan got to be in there with you!! I bet that was so neat!!! yea!!!! They're so cool!!!