Wednesday, February 27

The first few days!!


Gracie on the first day

Gracie's heart monitor and little feet

Keane in the incubator on the first day

Keane the next day in the incubator with less tubes

Gracie on the next day with only a feeding tube

For the first few days after they were born, Keane and Gracie were in the NICU hooked up to different tubes, oxygen, feeding tubes, IV's, heart monitors, but by God's grace, they progressed very quickly and each day they were able to remove one or more of the tubes: By day 4 they did not have any tubes hooked up to them, just a heart monitor, and then by day 5 they had nothing! We are so thankful to God for moving them along so quickly and to the amazing hospital staff for taking such good care of them:

Ryan was able to go and see the babies from the first day but I could not go and see them until I was able to get into a wheelchair and be brought to them: So, it was a day and a half before I was able to go and see them: It was wonderful to be able to see my babies and we even got to hold them: I was so happy! By the third day, my medicine had worn off and it all sort of hit me: The emotions came like a flood and I was SO happy to be a Mom: I wanted to be with my babies so badly and it was really hard to be away from them: I realized the intense love that I had for them and it was unbelievable, unexplainable: It is amazing how God puts that desire, that love inside of us: I know there are more people to take care of in my life now and I want to care for them so badly: They truly are an undeserved gift from God and we could not be more thankful!

On the 4th day after surgery, Ryan and I were discharged from the hospital but we had to leave the babies in the NICU for a few more days so they could work on their eating, making sure they are eating enough and can eat well! It was really hard and I cried so hard as we left but I know they are being so well cared for and that is a blessing: Ryan and I visit the babies twice a day and are trying to use our free time to do things we won't necessarily be able to do once the babies come like; rest and yesterday I got to get my hair done {colored and cut} which I needed SO badly!

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Great pics!! How fun!! I love that pic of Keane in the incubator! It's adorable!!!!!

I remember the first time we had to leave Aashini in the NICU and leave her there! wow! That was tough!

We're liftin' you guys up!!! Whoo hoo!!! What precious babies!!