Wednesday, April 2

6-week check-ups


Keane and Gracie with me and Dr. Anong, the doctor who delivered them.

Gracie getting measured.

Keane getting measured with a funny face on.

Gracie sleeping while being weighed and the scale is correct: 8 LBS!!! Gracie was only 5 1/2 lbs when she was born and almost 6 weeks later she is 8 lbs. The doctor is very happy with her weight gain. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of Keane on the scale but he is 7 lbs 14 oz now!!! He was only 4 1/2 lbs when he was born so he has gained even more since birth, which is great. We are so thankful that they are healthy and growing stong.

I had my 6 week check-up yesterday and so did the babies. All of our appointments went well and we are very thankful for that. The babies also had to have their second Hepatitis B vaccine. They screamed through the shot but were fine soon after, poor things. We leave tomorrow for Nepal. We are really looking forward to getting back and letting the babies meet our friends there and setteling back into our home. We have had a great time in Thailand and are so thankful for the amazing medical care. We have had such a wonderful experience. We will definately miss the "niceness" of Thailand, the good food, take-out food, clean places, air conditioning, nice taxis, fun malls, etc. But we are ready to go. We will board the plane at 10 am tomorrow morning. The plane ride is only 3 hours. Pray for us if you think about it. I think the babies will do great, it will just be an experience for all of us. I will post pictures about it later.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Wow! You're going back tomorrow! Fun! I'm sure you're glad to be getting home and get back into the swing of things. I can't wait to see pics of them with all your friends at home :) how fun! I LOVE these pics! I love the one of Gracie sleeping on the scale! how cute!!! I can't believe how much they have grown!!! Tha'ts awesome!!! Whoo hoo!!!