Sunday, April 13

Back to Kathmandu!


Keane and Gracie in the airplane bassinet. They did SO wonderfully!


Well, on April 3rd, we left Thailand and flew back to Nepal on Thai Airways. The day before the babies passports were finished and we spent most of the day packing up after living in Thailand for 2 1/2 months. Packing was an adventure (a welcomed adventure though) especially because my parents came to Bangkok and brought so much wonderful stuff for us and the babies from them and many of you - THANKS SO MUCH! We were allowed about 180 lbs between the four of us and we ended up having 190 lbs. Actually, at 8:30 pm that evening Ryan had to run out and get another duffle bag for us because we ran out of room to pack things! Thankfully, the Thai airways attendant did not charge us for excess baggage. The trip went amazingly well even with the ton of luggage and the babies. The babies slept for most of the trip and only woke up to eat. People all around us just kept telling us what wonderful babies we had - PRAISE THE LORD, we are so THANKFUL! We did have one rather funny experience on the plane that is worth sharing I think: Well, Keane had a very dirty diaper about 15 minutes into the flight and I took him to the bathroom to change him. Thankfully, inside the very small airplane bathrooms there is a changing table. Anyway, I had him on the table and he started to spit up all over his clothes. So, I took off his outfit and so he was only in his diaper. I was then changing his diaper. I finally cleaned up all of the poop and put a new diaper on him and was reaching down in my bag for some powder and I guess I did not hold the new diaper on tightly enough and he began to pee. Not on me (which is kind of good because I would not have wanted to have to ride the whole way with pee all over me) but back on himself into his mouth, face and ears!!! Goodness, I felt like such a terrible Mom but he did not cry which was wonderful and then I remembered Bear Grylls from the TV show "Man vs Wild" who says it is safe to drink your own urine (usually he is in a pretty desperate situation when he does so but it was still good to remember) and I took a deep breath and felt a lot better. Hopefully he isn't scarred for life, haha. Anyway, I cleaned him up, washed him off, put a new diaper on him, got him dressed and we were out of there! Thankfully there was not turbulance during that part of the trip or who knows what would have happened!!!

So, we made it back to Nepal and have been enjoying our time here very much. The internet is slower than Thailand so it is taking a bit longer to get pictures uploaded but I will do my best to put as many as I can as often as I can!

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! You can learn a lot of practical info from good ole Bear Grylls :) That's a great story :) Great pics too! They are so cute!!

Autumn said...

That's awesome! They are so cute! Keane is already learning the skills needed to survive! I hope your adjustment goes well. I am sure all your Nepali friends are excited to meet the babies!

gibsonfam said...

Having a boy is quite an adventure. I've reminded myself on many occasions that pee is sterile. Thankfully! Dylan likes to pee as soon as he hits the bath water.