Saturday, May 3

Encouraging...

Lately, I have been struggling with homesickness. I really miss my family and friends in America. Times like this come and go and sometimes last longer than others. During these times, it is so so so easy to lose focus and to focus almost completely on myself and how I feel, what I am missing and what I don't have. It is so easy to become selfish angry and unthankful. I had some time this morning and I was reading a blog by our pastor, J.D. Greear, from our home church, The Summit, in North Carolina. He just turned 35 and while spending time with God one morning, he was evaluating his past 35 years and the rest of the years he has. He said that he came to three conclusions that really encouraged me. He said,

-- "I determined to live in such a way that I would not feel the same way when I was 70, and asked God to help me to really live for His glory and purposes, not mine, and to give my life as He did for the benefit of lost people.
--I literally clung to the blood of Jesus which is my sure promise of full acceptance before the Father. I know that when I am 70 the blood of Jesus will still be my only hope, and that I will stand as dependent on it as I have ever been. My hope for life is not, and never can be, in how I live, but in what Jesus has accomplished for me on the cross. He is all my hope and peace.
--I have many people to serve, but only One to please. I determined that His call on me would be the only criteria I use to judge the success of my life."

These conclusions encouraged me, because I feel the same way and want to live my life like that, every single day. It does not mean that I miss my family and friends any less or that my heart doesn't hurt and long to be with them but it does mean that my focus needs to be off of myself and onto Christ and serving Him where He has me each moment. This is not easy but it is the best way to live. Thanks J.D. for letting God use you in my life in many ways but especially right now. I have so so so much to be thankful for in my life. I must not and cannot let Satan rob me of that joy.

If you want to read more from J.D.'s blog go to www.jdgreear.com

3 comments:

Beth&Ellis said...

kristin,
we miss you guys just as much! thank you for those encouraging words! the babies are ADORABLE! we love you!
~ellis, beth, & leighton

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Cool stuff - thanks for passing that along :)
You ROCK! :)

Beth&Ellis said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I would love to email you. Can I please have your email? I can't wait to catch up with you. I miss you SOOO much.
Beth