This has been one of my favorite signs in all of Kathmandu for a few months now and I have always wanted a picture but I have never had my camera when we drove by it. I was so happy last month when one day we were driving by and I remembered my camera! The SunSINE. It is supposed to say Sunshine of course but who knows what happened. You may not be able to see it but under the Sunsine it says "Ladies and Jents Tailor". This shop keeper took "spelling it like it sounds" to a new level. This is one of the MANY signs that make us smile as we drive around the streets of Kathmandu.
Here is a small cart (there are many like this that line the streets of Kathmandu) that is holding cucumbers that are for sale. That little cart is the owners livelihood. Seems so simple to us but it means a job, food and money to those ladies selling the cucumbers. Scenes like this abound in Kathmandu and they are always humbling.
A man with a basket strapped to his head being loaded with bricks by another worker. The bricks are being used to build a nearby house.
A cobbler and a man sitting at the cobbler's "shop" waiting for his shoew to be repaired.
Some different forms of transportation you see everywhere in Kathmandu...a bicycle, a motorbike, a taxi, a truck, a bus and a tricycle that can haul things. You can also see how dusty it is in the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment