Monday, November 30

Thanksgiving...

Last year during Thanksgiving we were back in America and so we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family for the first time after 3 years of celebrating in Nepal. It was a WONDERFUL time of reconnecting with family, eating good food, talking and laughing. This year we were back in Nepal and although we really wished we could have been with our families in America we are SO thankful for a wonderful Kathmandu "family" to celebrate with. We had a great day! The day before I spent the entire afternoon cooking. I really didn't have to cook as much as I did but it was fun for me and put me in the holiday mood! I made cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, brown sugar glazed carrots, cake, pecan bars and pumpkin pie. Everything here has to be made from scratch so it was wonderful to have the girl who helps me in my home spend the day in the kitchen with me! Without her extra set of hands I think it would have taken days to cook this much food! We spent Thanksgiving day at an American friends house with about 20 other people. Everyone brought a few different dishes so there was TONS of food. One of our friends even found an imported turkey (we don't have any turkeys in Nepal) from one of the stores here. It was like $80 for a 10 lb turkey so each family chipped in and the couple who bought it covered the bulk of it as a gift to all of us. It was delicious! We spent the afternoon eating, talking, playing with the kids, singing some worship songs, playing football and playing corn hole. It was a fun day and we are very thankful for it! We hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings. I really miss the after Thanksgiving shopping but I guess I just miss shopping in America in general...so go out there and find some great deals for me....haha!


Keane and Gracie and their Thanksgiving meal...

The dessert table...unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of all of the food but if this dessert table gives you any idea...there was A LOT of great food!

Me and my sweet girl...she is SO cuddly these days and is a real 'mama's girl'!

The kids playing on the corn hole boxes. Notice that Keane is looking under the box. I think he lost a ball or something there.
Ryan ready to play football...

Gracie and Abby

Gracie and Sophie

Me and my sweet, sweet boy

Gracie enjoying a chocolate cookie


Some of the group gathered together to sing some worship songs
Keane and daddy

Happy Thanksgiving 2009 from the Parker Family!

No comments: