Thursday, June 23

Catching up....

I have so much on my mind and heart lately that I want to share here. Hopefully over the next few days and weeks I can begin to put some of it here in words and pictures. Now that we are not having as many hours without power I have more hours to blog and now I just need to do it! I think for now I will just start with a few pics of our family fun from the past few weeks:

It is mango season in Nepal. And we LOVE mango season. 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) of mangoes cost less than $1. We love to eat the mangoes just how they are, we love to make smoothies with them, put them on top of cereal or make mango salsa with them. One night a few weeks ago we had grilled chicken with mango salsa, noodles with cheese and baked asparagus (which is also in season) it was DELICIOUS!

One weekend afternoon we decided to take a drive as a family outside of our very busy city. We only drove about 15 minutes and we found this great wooded area that was SO quiet. There was even a shepherd there with his goats. Of course Keane and Gracie loved seeing them!

It was such a refreshing time as a family to play in the quiet, to smell the good smells of the forest, to breathe clean air, etc. We had a great afternoon there!

That same day we also made homemade pretzels after the kids naps. We had a lot of delicious fun!

Gracie LOVES to help me in the kitchen. Keane enjoys it too but Gracie really loves it.

Our good friends who live in India have been in town for a few weeks so we have been enjoying spending time together. One day we took the kids to a local play area. We had a lot of fun. 

Keane and Gracie had tons of fun "driving" these motorcycles.

Don't they look SO big. If you look closely they are sitting on the gas tank of the motorcycle because they couldn't reach the handlebars any other way. It was so cute to watch them!

Earlier this month we were invited to a 1st birthday party of one of our Tibetan friend's son. We had a great time. They even had a magician there (the first I have ever seen in Nepal) and he did a great job. He even called Keane on the stage for one of the tricks. Keane loved it! 

One day we made these fun crowns at our house for our craft that day. They both loved making them but Gracie enjoyed wearing hers more than Keane.

Another day we took the kids with some friends to a different play area. Here is Keane and Gracie's friend Sophia.

Keane and Gracie had so much fun on the helicopter. We are so blessed to have this play place here in Kathmandu. It has only been here for a few months and we are so thankful.


The temperature has really warmed up and we have LOVED swimming. We have a membership at a local pool and we go a few times a week for an hour or two here and there to cool off and have some fun outside.

Keane has been swimming with floaties for a few months now but Gracie just got up the courage to swim on her own (with her floaties) this week. We have had a lot of fun swimming all around the pool together! I am so proud of my "big" kids.

Keane by the pool. You can see that he has a rock in his hand. He ALWAYS has something in his hands....a toy, a rock, a car, etc. He loves to play!

Enjoying some delicious mangoes by the pool.

Just a random picture of Ryan with a Pepsi sign.....

In the midst of a busy and often crazy life living in a 3rd world country we are SO blessed to be able to do so many neat things as a family and often with great friends. God is so good and we are thankful.

1 comment:

Bran said...

Fun. I enjoy peaking into your lives. I'd love the pretzel recipe to try.

brandygainor@hotmail.com