Wednesday, January 4

Chitho Mitho Mixes (Fast and Delicious Mixes)....a women's business

In 2010 I traveled to China and it was there that God gave me an idea of a business that I could help some women here in Nepal to start. For several years, off and on, women have been asking me to help them start a business that would help them to support their families. For various reasons (lack of ideas, lack of time, busy with other things...) we never started one until this year! This year a lot of doors opened up and my teammates and I were able to help 2 women start a cookie mix and baking business. It hasn't been easy and it has required a lot of time and trial and error (and still does) but it is going really well! Right now we are working with two women but we hope to continue to be able to support more and more women in our community. We also want the business to be a way for us to disciple and share with the ladies that are a part of it as well as to be a light to the community around us. Right now we package cookie mixes, corn bread mixes, ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning. We also spend one day a week baking the cookie mixes that we have and selling the cookies along with our other products at local farmers markets. So far things have been going well and the people here love our products. Right now we are operating out of my home and the home of one of the ladies. We are actually in the process of looking for a place outside of our homes where we can have and office and kitchen for baking. I am so thankful for all that I have learned through this and all the things I have learned from the ladies and the ways that I have seen them grow as they have learned more about business and been able to be creative! If you would like more information about this business and how you can be involved then please email me and let me know...I'd be happy to tell you more!

Me and Lhakpa

Finished cookies packaged and ready to sell at the farmers market

Packing the cookies

Injung packing the cookies. During the month of December we made about 800 cookies each week for the different markets that we were selling at. It was a busy time but it really went so well.

Gracie and Keane love to help us. They usually want to know when they can have a cookie. I usually make a batch of cookies before the ladies come over so that Keane and Gracie can have their own cookies to eat and they don't eat our profits :)!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Kristin, that is SO cool! Many Blessings to your family.